UVG Unfallversicherungsgesetz (Accident Insurance Act)
VUV Verordnung über die Unfallverhütung (Accident Insurance Ordinance)
BauAV Bauarbeitenverordnung (Construction Labour Ordinance)
KranV Kranverordnung (Crane Ordinance)
StGB Strafgesetzbuch (Criminal Code)
LEGAL BASICS SUMMARY
- Work at height must be properly planned.
- Fall protection measures must be implemented from 2.0m and higher.
- When working at a height of 3.0m and more, façade scaffolding, catch scaffold, surface scaffold or safety nets are mandatory.
- Floor and roof openings must be secured, regardless of the fall height.
- Fall arrest measures must be implemented from a fall height of 2.0m above fragile roof surfaces.
- Exceptions to the above: work on roofs of short duration (max. 2 person working days), on roofs (from 3.0m) and on mobile ladders
- Collective protection (e.g., scaffold) and technical solutions (e.g., lifting platforms) are preferable to PFPE
- PFPE should only be used when other collective safety measures are technically unfeasible or proven to be more dangerous
- If the use of PFPE is necessary, a written safety and rescue concept for PFPE must be drawn up in consultation with an Occupational Safety specialist.
- Work with personal fall protection equipment can only be carried out by properly trained personnel
- Working alone with PFPE is not permitted.
- On-site rescue must be always possible, within 10-20 minutes, with means available on site (permanent physical injury can occur within 10 minutes)